THE GOSPEL PROJECT FOR KIDS
Our preschool through 5th-grade classes use the Gospel Project curriculum. The same lesson focus is used for all ages each Sunday. As a family, you can study this material together during the week!
UNIT MEMORY VERSE: TOGETHER WRITE GOD'S WORD ON YOUR HEARTS!
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
December 26, 2021 | UNIT 2 SESSION 1
LESSON'S BIG IDEA: SIN ENTERED THE WORLD
- Adam and Eve lived in God's beautiful garden.
- the serpent tricked Eve, and she ate fruit from the tree God said not to eat from.
- Eve gave some of the fruit to Adam, and he ate too.
- Adam and Eve hid from God.
- God made Adam and Eve clothes out of animal skins and sent them out of the garden.
Ever since Adam and Eve sinned, all people have been born as sinners. Sin separates us from God, but God still loves us. God promised a Rescuer would come from Eve's family. God sent His Son, Jesus, to rescue people from sin and bring them back to God.
READ ABOUT IT THIS WEEK: Genesis 3
- What was the serpent's end goal?
- Why did Adam and Eve suddenly feel ashamed?
- Why did Adam and Eve have to leave the garden?
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
What does it mean to sin?
To sin is to think, speak, or behave in any way that goes against God and HIs commands.