Get outfitted for the fall while supporting Missions — Clothes, shoes, books, & bags
Friday, September 04, 2020, 9:00 AM - Saturday, September 05, 2020, 7:00 PM
We are so excited to offer a Back to School Sale on September 4 & 5 to support missions and bless the families in our community in these challenging times. This is NOT our regular annual Missions Garage Sale. We are trying something a little different. We will concentrate on 4 basic categories of items: clothes, shoes, books, and bags. We have a HUGE assortment of clothes and shoes in all sizes. We will have purses, bags, and backpacks. Finally, we will have a large assortment of books. This September sale will NOT include household items or toys.
Face Masks required. The number of people in the building at one time will be limited.
Please join the Village Bible Church family in participating in this event by donating items (clothes, shoes, books and bags), volunteering your time to serve, spreading the word to others, and by shopping at the sale.
Please email Kate Duff if you want to volunteer.
Three Ways to Help
1. GET THE WORD OUT
- Yard Sign: Help us spread the word by putting up a Garage Sale Sign in your yard! Grab one from your campus at the end of August.
- Share on social media: Share the sale details with your family, friends, coworkers, neighbors, and anyone who may be in need of clothes and shoes for their family. Also, share with all those people you know who love a great garage sale!
- Postcards: Printed postcards are available to pass out to your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to invite them to the sale.
2. VOLUNTEER TO ORGANIZE AND MAINTAIN THE SALE
We'll need lots of volunteers to pull this off. Come on in starting the Sunday before to help with the prep work. We especially need volunteers during the sale. Clean up will be Saturday evening.
Please email Kate Duff if you want to volunteer
3. DONATE ITEMS
Our Missions Back to School Sale is accepting the following donations:
- Bags (purses, bags, backpacks)
Begins Sunday, August 30 after church at our Sugar Grove campus location. We will be accepting donations through that Wednesday, Sept 2.
We will be accepting clothing donations at the Sugar Grove campus starting in August, so volunteers can start hanging clothes in preparation for the sale.
We will not be doing pickups this year
Note that we will NOT be accepting furniture, household items, or toy donations for this sale. Only Clothing, Shoes, Books, and Bags (purses, bags, backpacks). Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are trying something different. Thank you for your understanding and for your support as we try new things each year.